Out of country while taxes are due


We are out of the country for an extended period and return in late June. We do not have anyone that can easily pay our taxes in country in Taiwan. We pay taxes based on a foreign, not local salary. Do you have advice on what we should do? Would we run into trouble coming in on our visas if we have not paid taxes for 2018? Can we just pay it when we return?

Thank you!


Yes, you can file after you return.
When you arrive back, go to your local tax bureau and file. You just are penalized on the interest owed IF had to pay more taxes or did not pay enough upfront.
One month of interest owed shouldn’t be too high.
Not the end of the world.