How to Open A Buxiban

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to open a buxiban.

My market research indicates success is guaranteed so no worries there.
And although I know you have to be Taiwanese to open a buxiban, I figure I got that covered too. Now that the main hurdles have been cleared, it’s time to get to the nitty gritty.

I called the MOE and asked them for their checklist on opening a buxiban and they sent it along. Problem is that it is all in Chinese. I sent the document to a translator but since it is 30 pages long, the fee was quite high.

Does anyone know if this document is publicly available in English?

Thanks!

Well, with a name like taiwanexpert, I’d expect no less.

2 Likes

Not all bases are covered then!

:thinking:

If you plan on running a business in Taiwan I would suggest you learn the native language. I used to run a very small business and can more or less speak/read chinese and it was still a bureaucratic shit show.

If you want to hire some dudes and be a hands off owner then I don’t see a problem, but if you really wanna know what’s going on and truly run your business, I’d learn chinese.

1 Like

Fake it till you make it.

2 Likes

Best of luck, bro.

what document is it? a checklist shouldn’t be 30 pages unless it’s not a checklist, but rules and procedures.

I don’t know anything about running a cram school but I would imagine you’d rent a commercial property somewhere, or an office space. Then you register a business and get relevant licenses.

You really need a Taiwanese agent to do this for you if you have language difficulties.

Post the document. I’m curious to see what it says. We can help you translate it also.

1 Like

No you don’t, not in Taipei at least.

The national MOE? This should be a local affair.

This
I’ve never heard of a buxiban checklist before.

Post the checklist OP. I’ll translate it 4u.

MOE may be involved because it’s a school. I don’t know if that’s the case.

No, a buxiban is specifically not considered to be a “school”. More to the point, local BOE’s administrate them

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s not true, but even if it was, how does one get that covered? Unless you’re leaving out a longer part of the story.

Unless I’m mistaken, it is the MOE that issues work permits for BXB teachers. Maybe they were asked for a checklist and sent the rules for that.

They are ‘cram institutes’!

1 Like

Send the documents to a certified translator for further details. If you really want to open a business, be prepared to pay for the expenses. It is better you have a certified document explaining all the requirements in details than only having basic knowledge about the policies.

1 Like